No more USB cables
10 steps to debug your Android app over WiFi
1. Download the SDK Platform Tools for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
2. Extract the ZIP file somewhere easily accessible.
3. Connect your Android device to the computer with a USB cable for the initial setup.
4. Connect your device to the same WiFi network with the Android Debug Bridge (adb) host computer.
5. Enable wireless debugging on your device.
6. Open the command prompt.
7. Change the working directory to platform-tools, type adb devices, and hit Enter.
8. Type adb tcpip 5555. This makes the device to start listening for connections on port 5555.
9. Look up the device IP address of the device. Go to settings, about phone or tablet, status, IP address. You can also type adb shell netcfg or adb shell ifconfig.
10. Type connect IP:5555. This connects to the server we set up on the device on step 8.